Re: perl threads on 2008 R2 64bit = crash ( was: perl 5.10 threads on 1.5.25 = instant crash )

Eric Blake wrote:

> static int (*cygwin_exception_handler) (EXCEPTION_RECORD *, void *, CONTEXT *,
> void *);
>
> /* Our exception handler.  */
> static int
> libsigsegv_exception_handler (EXCEPTION_RECORD *exception, void *frame, CONTEXT
> *context, void *dispatch)
> {
>   EXCEPTION_POINTERS ExceptionInfo;
>   ExceptionInfo.ExceptionRecord = exception;
>   ExceptionInfo.ContextRecord = context;
>   if (main_exception_filter (&ExceptionInfo) == EXCEPTION_CONTINUE_SEARCH)
>     return cygwin_exception_handler (exception, frame, context, dispatch);
>   else
>     return 0;
> }

  That looks fairly robust to me, shouldn't give us any problems.  Question
is, what does the code that hooks and unhooks the exception handler look like,
and where does it get called from?

> [m4 wouldn't need to use libsigsegv if cygwin provided sigaltstack, but that's
> an entirely different can of worms.]

  Nuns!  Nuns!  Reverse!  Reverse!  Reverse!

    cheers,
      DaveK