Re: "ssh-host-config" now involves "cygwin-service-installation-helper.sh"

  To:         cygwin@cygwin.com

  Date:       16.07.2009 18:46

  Subject:    Re: "ssh-host-config" now involves  "cygwin-service-installation-helper.sh"

>On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 06:36:14PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>Other than that, the script was originally a help for the normal Joe and
>>Jane User, not for company admins which should basically know what they
>>are doing.  If you want ssh-host-config to become a kitchen sink for all
>>environments, then *you* have to invest time and/or money to get this
>>done.  I, for one, am not going to put my time into this voluntarily.
>
>In in case the above seems mean, remember 1) this is an open source
>project and 2) how much you paid for the software.
>
>cgf

No, not mean. But as I replied to Corinna, the notion "a kitchen sink for
all environments" is a boundless exaggeration. I am talking about no more
than the four states a Windows machine can take.

Open source software, right. I always thought that the basic meaning of an
open source community was to help each other.

And at last I am not demanding that everything should work the way I need
it, but am kindly asking for help to reach my goal...if somebody helps me
and I can find a working solution, I definitely will share it with every-
body else and thereby contribute to the community. I don't claim my works
perfect, I don't claim that everybody will need or even be interested in
them. But somebody will always find something helpful.

Is this a false or dumb or naive approach?