Re: Full 1.7 Install -> "Insufficient disk space to repair security descriptor at index $SII for file 9"

Stephen M. Kenton wrote:
> I guess in the worst case the Cygwin installer could be made
> to run in multiple passes automagically. I'd hate to see 1.7 go live
> with something like this lurking if it  hits "normal"  users rather than
> people like me :-)

  I don't think we need to worry about it, yours is the only report we've ever
had of anything like this and it's clearly nothing to do with Cygwin per se
but to do with anything that creates "lots" of files at once, and even then it
only happens on a disk with an utterly bizarre life history!  There are lots
of people using 1.7 in everyday use without any kind of unusual problems
showing up.

    cheers,
      DaveK