Re: cl.exe compiles libraries with blank permissions

Further research shows that the issue is that the file is first created with
additional windows permissions i.e. doing ls -lrt on the file gives:

----------+ 1 myname            Domain Users  14436 Jul  8 13:00 mylib.lib

The '+' indicating additional permissions.

The file is then copied to a separate directory and the additional
permissions are lost, so now doing an ls -lrt gives:
---------- 1 myname            Domain Users 14436 Jul  8 13:04 mylib.lib

The '+' is gone.  So does anyone know why the file permissions get removed
when the file is copied?

Thanks,

Ian