Re: fresh 1.7, bash fails with STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Jerry DeLisle wrote:
I am very happy to accept that this problem is something else. Vincent sent a note that it is working for him. I am not sure what "working" means. I have a bash prompt, but none of the default environment variables such as prompts and paths and setting up the home directory are complete.

Sounds like your the post install scripts didn't run on the initial install. Reinstall from scratch (meaning delete cygwin directory and everything) and select the working bash and libreadline6.

- Ian Kelling