screen and popup console on Windows 7

Hi,

I saw the recent thread about the unwanted console windows appearing with MinTTY on Win7.

I just wanted to mention that I see a similar issue with screen in the same environment (Win7 RC 64-bit, Cygwin 1.7, screen 4.0.3-1): Each new screen window that is opened creates a persistent console window that shows in the taskbar (closing the console windows closes the matching screen window). If you're not familiar with screen, new windows can be created with the "Ctrl-a c" shortcut.

If a workaround is implemented for this, it could be useful to check if it solves the issue in screen too.

(by the way, I recently discovered MinTTY and I'm pretty impressed. MinTTY + screen offers a very nice multiple-tab environment on Cygwin).

Sylvain