Re: Running 1.5 and 1.7 sshd in parallel

On Jun 28 14:11, Spiro Trikaliotis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> * On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 12:31:09PM +0200 Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > On Jun 26 22:25, Federico Hernandez wrote:
> > > THX for the fast answer. That is exactly what I tried.
> > >
> > > 1.5 on port 22
> > > 1.7 on port 2222
> > >
> > > but when I ssh into 2222 I endup in $HOME of 1.5 and sometimes the
> > > sshd on 2222 doesn't start.
> > >
> > > How can I select each of the sshd in a more controlled way so that I
> > > can specify which daemon to start and stop?
> >
> > Install it under different service names.
>
> Just a question: Wouldn't the differing cygwin1.dll (1.5 vs 1.7) be
> problematic when both sshd are started?

The DLLs don't collide in memory.  You should just keep the processes
away from each other and not try to run applications in the 1.7 /bin
directory from a 1.5 session and vice versa.  It will work in some way,
but there's no guarantee that it will show the results you expect.

Corinna

Red Hat