Bug: /registry file system doesn't return len of default value of keys

Hi all,

I've run into some weird behavior from the file-utils (grep, file) but I
believe they may all be caused by the same root problem.

The /prog/registry filesystem doesn't return the length of the 'default'
value (often a string).

Under /proc/registry/HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/
I was grep'ing through ".txt/@" which I expected to find
the string "txtfile", but, I think because it is 0 len, grep thinks it is a binary file (which I have my grep set to ignore).

Known bug? Is it in the queue to be fixed someday? :-)

Now that I know about it, I know how to work around it, so
it's not urgent, but it is a bit of a problem with the normal
cygwin utils when they see a '0' len, even though it has
non-zero length content...

Linda