Re: default codepage

Well, technically the @cjknarrow modifier IS part of the codeset.

> > But wait - yet here's my question: Why is there a difference between
> > 	bash --login
> > and
> > 	bash
> > - where in the latter case CP1252 (or the default ANSI codepage)
> > *is* still the default?

It must be that one of your startup scripts is changing the locale environment
variables, where --login pulls in a different set of startup scripts than
regular shells.  Check the values of LANG, LC_ALL, and friends between your two
shells.  And use 'bash -vx --login' to spot where it was changed.

--
Eric Blake