Re: Possible Bug or limitation in Cygwin 1.7 and Rsync and file number limit

Lists wrote:
Larry Hall wrote:
<snip>
Can you upgrade to the latest Cygwin 1.7 package and try again. From your
cygcheck output, it looks like things are not correct but this may be just
a problem with an old cygcheck that doesn't know how to find the implicit
mounts. If the issue is still the same, resending the output of the new
cygcheck would be helpful.

I just downloaded the newest version of cygwin 1.7 as of 6-19-09 at approximately 3:30 CST and had the exact same results. Please find the new cygcheck.out file attached. You mentioned above that their might be a problem with the mounts. Not sure if it helps to know this, but I can successfully use rsync to copy many gigabytes of files. It just hangs when there are thousands of files in a single directory (9,000 seems to always do it.). Also note that this cygcheck was done on a different computer than the first just to make sure this isn't computer specific. Again, I have tried it on several.

Thank you in advance.

Your cygcheck output looks more like what I would expect except that it is truncated. Does this happen when you run it or did it just get stopped early?

Holliston, MA 01746