Re: Is there a script to remove old packages from local disk

Christopher Faylor wrote:

That's what I meant, yes.  I think many people don't understand that
those files don't need to be there and since we advocate using
just the straight install from internet, we probably should be nice
and delete the files.

Whenever the next round of changes to setup happens, and the talk gets around to "Removing the Download to Local Directory" or "Should we Delete the Downloaded Files", please consider saying "No" to both proposals. :-)

I really think that if you want to cleanup your download directory
other than that you should use a tool to do it.

Agreed. Nuff said.

Ralph