Re: Is there a script to remove old packages from local disk

Christopher Faylor wrote:

But those folders do fill up with old cruft after a while.

But you wouldn't want to keep different versions of bz2 files around in that case.

Right. But I do want to keep only the most current versions.

Not to belabour the point, but if you do a "Download to local directory"
and then do "Install from local directory" like I do, after a few
months your local directory has _many_ incremental versions of the
download files.

<duck>

Wouldn't it be nice if setup knew enough to remove the bz2 files for
packages that were no longer current?

</duck>

No need to duck. I think setup really should just delete the files when it is done with them if you choose "install from internet".

Should it keep only the current .bz2 files if you _download_ from the Internet?

That way we can always carry around a minimal sized USB stick from
which we can do an "Install from local directory" for those times
when you don't have access to the Internet but you have to install
Cygwin on a client or friends machine...

Ralph