Re: [1.7] Cannot read /proc/stat

On 08/06/2009 12:14, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Confirmed.  The reason is that a datastructure on the NT level has
another size on 64 bit systems, and the WOW64 layer doesn't translate
the structure into the 32 bit format.  The function is unsupported, so
that makes sort of sense.  I'll create another solution using the
official function for to fetch that information.  Unfortunaltey it
doesn't exist on NT4, so I have to sp3cial case that(*)

Thanks.

(*) Is anybody here actually still using NT4?

It looks like MS dropped support for NT4 in 2004[1]. Since we are dropping support for 9x/ME for the same reason, why not NT4?

[1] http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifewinfaq#Windows%20NT%20Server

Yaakov