Re: cygwin multi window and copy paste issues

samitj wrote:
I keep getting this error:
sjain@dksjdksj~
$ startx
xauth: creating new authority file /cygdrive/c/Documents and
Settings/samitj/.se
rverauth.8172

giving up.
xinit: Connection refused (errno 111): unable to connect to X server
xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error.

NOw if I start using this command:
X :0 -multiwindow -clipboard

I get the multiple windows.

I dont get the copy paste between windows and unix applications. How do I
enable this?

Also, how do I disable the menu at the top of the xterm?

Why is it crashing so often now?

Has anyone tried Exceed is it more stable than this? I wish I never tried to
upgrade to current version. I lost everything now..
As was pointed out to you, you'll get better responses if you post to the cygwin-xfree list.

Meantime, if all you are doing is multiple ASCII terminals and wish to paste text between them and Windows applications then you can use rxvt, which does not require a heavy X server process.
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
Imagination is more important than knowledge. - Albert Einstein