RE: ssh from linux randomly hangs

> Subject: ssh from linux randomly hangs
> From: ekingen
> Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 12:28:42 -0400
>
> Excuse me if this is a repeat question, I can't find it on internet .
> Sometimes ssh from suse linux to cygwin hangs, usually first time in the
> morning, I need to kill client ssh then all day it works fine. cygwin ssh
> version is 5.1p1-10 . linux site is :
> # uname -a
> Linux ssoadm1 2.6.16.21-0.8-bigsmp #1 SMP Mon Jul 3 18:25:39 UTC 2006 i686
> i686 i386 GNU/Linux
> # ssh -v
> OpenSSH_4.2p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8a 11 Oct 2005

Hi All...

I have seen the same thing between two windows XP machines. Always the first ssh
connection after a long period of no ssh activity would hang and subsequent ssh
connections would be fine. From my experience the problem was associated with the
server host, not the client host. I was always running the same Cygwin version and
OpenSSH version on both machines when it happened.

It seemed to be more frequent on some (slower? older?) XP laptops. Whenever I had
time to debug it, it worked fine, so I never did more than the tests in this thread. The
technology to detect that is impressive :-)

After significant use, I have not seen this problem with Cygwin 1.7 (on XP) and I have
not seen this problem with (newer? faster? Vista?) machines.

Thanks,

...Karl