Re: How to change the file mode to link?

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin)
<reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com> wrote:
> Peng Yu wrote:
>>>
>>> No. ?Shortcuts created with Windows contain more and different
>
> ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>>
>>> information than Cygwin symlinks. ?If you need a symlink, create it
>>> under Cygwin.
>>
>> If I am willing to loose the additional information, is there a way to
>> convert a windows link to a cygwin link?
>
> Getting rid of the "additional information" addresses the "more" part
> above. ?You need to handle the "different" part as well. ?But why do
> all that work yourself when "ln -s" does it for you? ?OK, let's make
> this question rhetorical. ;-)

Suppose I have many links that are generated by windows already and I
want to convert them to cygwin links. To use 'ln -s' I have to have a
way to automatically figuring what the target of a window link, but
how? Is there such a cygwin command to extract the link from a windows
link.

Regards,
Peng