Re: 1.7.0-48: [BUG] Passing characters above 128 from bash command line

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
What's left as questionable is the LANG=C default case.  Due to the
discussion from the last month we now use UTF-8 as default encoding,
because it's the only encoding which covers all (valid) characters.
Sure, we could also convert the command line using the current ANSI
codepage as Windows does it when calling CreateProcessA in this case.

Maybe we should do that for testing?  Anybody having a strong opinion
here?

I'm not clear on what you're proposing here. Are you suggesting that if the conversion from LANG to UTF-16 fails, that we also try a second attempt from the default system code page to UTF-16?

-Edward