Re: emacs -nw keypad, tpu-edt.el, and C-h

2009/5/31 Ken Brown:
> As I long-time emacs user, I have to say that I have never been tempted to
> type Ctrl-Backspace in emacs. ÂBut, as a result of this discussion, I just
> tried it in three different settings and got three different behaviors.
> Â(The three settings were: emacs under X, emacs in a Cygwin console with the
> latest snapshot installed, and emacs in mintty with the "Backspace sends ^?"
> option.) ÂThe third one was actually the most surprising to me, because ^_
> is the "undo" command in emacs.

Hmm, so Alt+Backspace and Ctrl+Backspace in emacs would end up the
other way round from Windows conventions then, where Alt+Backspace
often is Undo and Ctrl+Backspace is delete word.

> In view of this chaos, I think cgf did the right thing in deciding to leave
> Ctrl-Backspace alone.

Currently the code sends ^H for Alt+Backspace, which clobbers 'kill
word' in emacs, so that still needs to either move to Ctrl+Backspace
or be removed altogether.

Andy