Re: emacs -nw keypad, tpu-edt.el, and C-h

On 5/28/2009 10:02 AM, Andy Koppe wrote:
There's an ancient and pointless argument about whether the Backspace
key should send ^H (0x08) or ^? (0x7F).

I was asking something slightly different: Can cygwin terminals be configured so that emacs can tell the difference between the Backspace key and "pressing h while holding down the control key"?

I've searched the cygwin mailing list archives, and the question has been asked before. The answer in the past has always been No.

If the answer is indeed no, then I'll have to see if there's a way to change the emacs splash screen so that it offers F1 as the help key instead of C-h. I can also try the emacs-devel list; Cygwin can't be the only platform where this is an issue.

Ken