Re: Debugging a time zone problem

On 5/14/2009 5:38 AM, Marc Girod wrote:

Ken Brown-6 wrote:
I've built emacs 23 under both cygwin 1.5 and 1.7, and it runs fine for me except for a glitch involving time zones: Emacs gets the local time zone wrong by 4 hours.

I am using your port on 1.7, and cannot reproduce.

BTW, my original report (that the time zone was off by 4 hours) was misleading. After comparing my results with those of Angelo Graziosi in Italy, I realized that, for both Angelo and me, emacs thought our local time zone was GMT minus one hour. (This was in February, before daylight savings time.)

Looking at the sources, the most suspicious place given your description,
seems to be msdos.c, around lines 4453-4494...

Thanks for looking into this. I'm about to leave town for a few days, but maybe I'll make another attempt when I return (unless you've already solved it before then).

Ken