Re: Mount of VSS volumes (//?/GLOBALROOT/...) does not work

Jason Pyeron wrote:
Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
Jason Pyeron wrote:
Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote on Monday, May 11, 2009 15:07:
This code is called constantly so a change that adds to the overhead
of this call is going to be magnified many times, which is obviously a negative.

Has anyone done a branching analysis on it? I have not finished groking it all yet, but there is Allways Room for Improvement(TM).
I can't say. I haven't. Certainly if there's a way to make this faster, easier, and better without any sacrifices, I think that would be generally welcome. :-)

We have a new intern starting next week. I think we can take a look at it over the next few weeks to see what is going on.

Sounds like fun. ;-)

I doubt there'd be the will to make too much in the way of changes here
at least for the initial release of Cygwin 1.7 (though I could be wrong).
Something subsequent to the release seems reasonable.  I expect much of any
change would require a good bit of testing time anyway, which would likely
put it after the initial release anyway.  And, if nothing else, it would
be interesting to see what interesting tidbits turn up from any analysis.

Holliston, MA 01746