Re: Cygwin 1.7 ACLs

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Cygwin is a POSIX environment.  The ACLs are set according to POSIX
rules, not according to Win32 rules.

Thanks I'm not criticising Cywin's ACL behaviour just looking for guidance on anyone who has used 1.7 with existing Windows applications. In my case I wish to use the cygwin toolset but operate within the context of the Windows OS/Tools which clearly rely on Windows based ACLs and trying to find a reasonable workable approach to the problem. I'll read the mount table section you supplied and the other sections on cygwin's ACL behaviour.

Darren