Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] [1.7] Updated: cygwin-1.7.0-47

On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 02:20:18PM -0400, Andrew Schulman wrote:
>> > By the way, I don't like that setup maximizes the window when on the package
>> > selection step.
>>
>> I haven't seen it, but it certainly sounds wrong for a "wizard"-style
>> window to change its size when you press the Next button.
>
>Hm, I always think it's kind of handy.  Also that it changes back again
>after you're done with the selections.  Saves me 2 clicks every time I run
>setup.

That's why I implemented it (that + Corinna asked me to do something
like this a while ago).  It certainly isn't particularly useful to
ALWAYS open a window which is too small to hold the information it is
trying to convey.  That's what setup.exe used to do.

It is pretty difficult to make setup's property sheet methods do
anything more flexible than maximize.  One alternative is to make all of
the setup windows bigger.  I tried that and it looked much more
intrusive than just maximizing the one window which needs it.

Lots of installers take full control of the screen.  setup.exe is unique
in that it doesn't take full control for the entire install process.

cgf