Re: mintty and CTRL + ->

2009/4/27 Vincent R.
> on unix terminals when I press CTRL + RIGHT_KEY or CTRL+LEFT_KEY, cursor
> move from one word to another
> which is very handy.
> It doesn't work on mintty and I am sad about it ... ;-)

You'll need to configure that behaviour in ~/.inputrc, the config file
for the readline library. From the TIPS section of the mintty manual
page:

   Readline configuration
       Keyboard input for the bash shell and other programs that use
the readline
       library can be configured with the so-called inputrc file.  Unless over-
       ridden by setting the INPUTRC variable, this is located at ~/.inputrc.

       It consists of bindings of keycodes to readline commands,
whereby comments
       start with a hash character.  The file format is explained fully in the
       bash manual.

       Anyone used to Windows key combinations for editing text might find the
       following bindings useful:

              # Ctrl+Left/Right to move by whole words
              "\e[1;5D": backward-word
              "\e[1;5C": forward-word

              # Ctrl+Backspace/Delete to delete whole words
              "\d": backward-kill-word
              "\e[3;5~": kill-word

              # Ctrl+Shift+Backspace/Delete to delete to start/end of the line
              "\e\d": backward-kill-line
              "\e[3;6~": kill-line

              # Alt-Backspace for undo
              "\e\b": undo

       Finally, a couple of bindings for convenient searching of the
command his-
       tory.  Just enter the first few characters of a previous
command and press
       Ctrl-Up to look it up.

              # Ctrl-Up/Down for searching command history
              "\e[1;5A": history-search-backward
              "\e[1;5B": history-search-forward

> Usually CTRL+d allows me to exit from a terminal when logged in ssh for
> instance but it doesn't work either.

That should work, unless the end-of-file character is set to something
other than ^D on the remote side.

Andy