permission denied for g++ with shared library

Hi,

I just installed the latest CYGWIN on my WinXP SP3 Professional.

When I compile a hello.cpp like below using
g++ -shared -o hello hello.cpp
It successfully compiles but when I run ./hello, it complains:
-bash: ./hello: Permission denied
I've already run "chmod 777 /lib" and "chmod 777 /bin", and it doesn't help.
Also added
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib
still doesn't work.

If I compile by "g++ -o hello hello.cpp", it runs well.

Could anybody give me some clue how to fix it?  Thanks a lot.

Henry

hello.cpp:
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;