Re: DOS programs under "screen"

> Maybe someone knows a solution to this, but I don't. ?Although I maintain screen
> for Cygwin, I know almost nothing of the details of how terminals work. ?I could
> imagine some kind of a DOS-to-Unix terminal wrapper program, but I've never
> seen one and have no idea how it would work.

It probably can't be done as long as Microsoft doesn't provide a
"pseudo-console" interface that would allow a third-party program to
fully take over the role of a console window. In the meantime, the
best that can be done is the lipstick-on-a-pig approach taken by
http://sourceforge.net/projects/console/, which uses Win32 interfaces
for accessing a console's screen contents and paints its own version
of that.

Andy

ps: Actually, would it be possible to invoke a process with all the
Win32 console functions overwritten by custom ones? (That would of
course require an awful lot of work ...)