Re: [1.7] deleting in-use directories

On Apr 10 04:41, Dave Korn wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > On Apr  9 16:13, Eric Blake wrote:
> >> The Autoconf testsuite is failing several tests on cygwin 1.7 that used to pass
> >> on cygwin 1.5.  I've traced it to the fact that 1.7 is trying to be smarter
> >> about deleting in-use files and directories, but doesn't quite get things right.
> >
> > Incredible but true.  It was an alignment problem with a local buffer
> > in the function which moves the directory to the bin when a sharing
> > violation occurs.  This seems to be a new problem with gcc-4.  As long
> > as I built Cygwin with gcc-3, I never had this problem.
>
>   -vvvv?  What alignment does the buffer require?  What did it end up getting
> with gcc-4?

Don't worry.  It was my own little bug and gcc-4 just uncovered it.  I
created a temp buffer on the stack as an array of type BYTE, even though
the data stored in the buffer requires a ULONG alignment.  With gcc-3
this worked because the buffer was for some reason correcty aligned.
gcc-4 apparently organizes the local vars differently so the buffer
ended up on an unaligned address and the NT function returned status
0x8000002, STATUS_DATATYPE_MISALIGNMENT.

Corinna

Red Hat