Re: [1.7]: /usr/bin/install fails on network drives

On Apr  8 23:07, A.R. Burgers wrote:
> The drive with the install failure is a netapp share (ONTAP 7.2.4).
> The other shares are samba drives (3.0.28)

I applied a patch for the Samba error messages.

I don't see a chance to fix the netapp problem.  What happens is that
simpy trying to open the file for changing the DACL fails with
STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED, even though the just created file is owned by the
caller.  I have not the faintest idea how to workaround that and I tried
a couple of things with Teun's help.

If somebody else with a netapp filesystem encounters the same problem,
it would be helpful if he or she could debug this problem further.
Unless this happens, the workaround is to mount the netapp filesystem
with the "noacl" mount option.

Corinna

Red Hat