Re: edit Aux.pm under GNU emacs hangs

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Apr 6 15:14, Lee D. Rothstein wrote:
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Apart from the fact that you should use slashes instead of backslashes,
there isn't any need to use //./ in Cygwin 1.7.  Just open Aux.pm.

http://cygwin.com/1.7/cygwin-ug-net/using-specialnames.html
Can't have any files named [aA][uU][xX] dot *anything* in Windows, or anything dot [aA][uU][xX].

Incorrect. This is a restriction in the Win32 API, it's not a
restriction of the filesystem or the native NT API which Cygwin 1.7 uses
for file access (almost) exclusively.

The specific problem symptoms that the original poster mentioned, I was able to
replicate WITH a windows app, which seems to me indicates that he was using a win32 app, i.e.,
GNU emacs for Win32?

I apologize for my oversight and I certainly wasn't criticizing you, in any way!