Re: Background process with Cygwin

http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTWLL

On Apr  6 09:51, Jeff Irwin wrote:
>   I am running windows server 2003 with cygwin.  I
> am attempting to get a bash script to continue to run in cygwin even
> after I have logged out.

That's not possible.  Windows always kills all processes started
within your logon session as soon as you leave the session.

If you want processes to run independently from your logon session,
you have to start them as Windows service.  Probably the cygrunsrv
tool can help you there, *if* you have the user right to create and
run a Windows service on your machine.

Corinna

Red Hat