Re: Using Cygwin compiled libs in Visual Studio

I guess what I find surprising is that gcc can be used to produce Windows XP runnable code. Here's a typical compilation command generated by the build process:
Why is this surprising? Cygwin *is* Windows XP runnable code.

Is it? Pardon my n00bness but I recall once trying to run a Cygwin utility from Window's cmd, just for the fun of it. It didn't work.

But back to the main question: will a library compiled under Cygwin in the manner I described be linkable in Visual Studio .NET? Your answer taken to the extreme, would suggest that I can link any of the core Cygwin (*.a) libraries and link it with the MS VS.NET toolchain.

Thanks for not flaming.