Re: Cygwin NFS Issues

jissa wrote:
I am trying to setup a Windows XP Professional laptop that is running cygwin
with nfs-server on it. The NFS server is exporting a windows directory that
I will be sharing with a virtual machine running QNX on the same laptop
using VMWARE server.

I installed the NFS server and used its configure script, then I created an
export list that exports the directory on my machine and allowed only
machines with a IP address that is local to the virtual machine. This setup
works correctly when I am connected to my domain network.

When I try to connect to the NFS share while not connected to my domain
network, the mount fails. Also, if I am connected on the network and mount a
share, this share stops working the minute I disconnect from the network.

Is what I am trying to do achievable or not?

Any help would be appreciated.

try running via a loopback interface instead

"borrowed" from http://www.kleinfelter.com/node/125

There are some bugs in the VirtualBox "Shared Folders" feature. It can be convenient to work-around this in a secure way by using the Microsoft Loopback Adapter. Here's how I set it up for a Windows XP guest running on an XP host.

* Set up the Microsoft Loopback Adapter on the host:
o Open Control Panel, and start "Add Hardware"
o Select "Yes, I have already connected the hardware"
o Select "Add a new hardware device"
o Select "Install the hardware that I manually select from a list"
o Select "Network Adapters"
o Select "Microsoft" and "Microsoft Loopback Adapter"
o Assign the static address 192.168.2.1 to it.
* Next?