Re: execve issues, and execve with cygrunsrv

On Apr  2 23:04, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> cygrunsrv definitely stays running when I start gmond.  It stops
> immediately after the execve call - it thinks the process has stopped,
> but in fact a new gmond is running with a new Windows PID.  I am using
> the -x option to cygrunsrv and the -f (foreground) and -p (pidfile)
> options to gmond.  Which PID does cygrunsrv look for?

In the normal case w/o pidfile, Cygwin is calling waitpid on the
child's Cygwin PID.  In the pidfile case, cygrunsrv waits for the
pidfile to be created and then fetches the Windows PID from
/proc/$PID-FROM-FILE/winpid and waits for that PID using the Win32
call WaitForSingleObject.  That could be your problem.  If the
process creates the pidfile before it actually execve's, then the
correlation between the Cygwin PID and the Windows PID is differnt
from the one after the execve call.

Corinna

Red Hat