Re: Fw: Re: don't know why ./configure command fails

Jaroslav Rynik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm sorry for being angry last night.

  :) I wasn't at all offended by anything you wrote, I didn't even think you
were angry.

> Anyway, I send both cygchecks and screenshot from ./configure (I was not
> able to export it into a text file although I typed ./configure >
> d:/configure.out)

  Some stuff (such as configure) sends its output to the "stderr" channel
instead of "stdout"; in that case, you could write

  ./configure 2> d:/configure.out

  You can capture both at the same time to two different files:

  ./configure >stdout.txt 2>stderr.txt

  For more info, google up a tutorial on shell scripting in bash, and look for
the stuff about redirection.

> (Is C# and C the name for the same programming language? In my setup
> options I have noticed just a C compiler.)

  No; C# is a Microsoft-invented language based loosely on C++ but with big
bits of Java mixed in!  That's your problem: you need a C# compiler, but there
isn't one in the cygwin distribution.  There is, however, a free open source
one available from the Mono project:

http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page

so you might well be able to get that one working for your configure.

    cheers,
      DaveK