Re: Fw: Re: don't know why ./configure command fails

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 06:45:00PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>> Dave Korn wrote:
>> I downloaded setup.ini from the goh.com mirror; it's badly mangled, and
>> is missing loads of entries.  I compared it to a copy from another
>> mirror, and that one was complete.
>
> The date stamp for setup.ini on that mirror is August 8.  I see that
> this site is on the road to being deleted as a mirror by my mirror
> checking software but it's mystifying that it would even be listed at
> all if there was an August version of setup.ini on the site for any
> length of time.

  Not only that but there are various other mangled versions in their mirror
root dir, called "s", ".setup.tmp".  Somebody has been messing around.

> In any event, this mirror will likely be removed from the list of
> mirrors in the next mirror scan.

  If they update it, will it be auto-added back again?  I think it shouldn't
be without some kind of explanation from the site admin about what exactly
they have been playing at.  (I always think the worst.  Some kind of downgrade
attack?  Probably not, but mirror admins have no business messing around with
setup.ini locally.  They can't edit it directly or the sig check will fail,
but they *can* substitute an old version - setup.exe wouldn't know to warn if
it was the user's first installation.)

    cheers,
      DaveK