Re: libtool m4 file problem report

Olivier Langlois wrote:
> By running aclocal-1.6 -I m4, the tool returned messages saying that macros
>
> _LT_PREPARE_SED_QUOTE_VARS
> _LT_PROG_ECHO_BACKSLASH
>
> were required but not defined.

This should be fixed in the libtool-2.2.7a-3 (-12 for cygwin-1.7), that
was released last night. It's still propagating to the mirrors, so I
haven't officially announced it yet. (BTW, your fix was not correct;
there's a reason those functions were originally changed from AC_DEFUN
to m4_defun in the first place).

> The second problem (and not sure which tool was returning the error,
> sorry) was complaining about a circular dependency on
> AC_LANG_COMPILER(C++) inside the macro " AC_COMPILE_IFELSE " used in my
> configure.in file.
>
> The recursive use has been found in
>
> a) _LT_LANG_CXX_CONFIG inside the case for aix4-9 in the first
>    switch case
> b) _LT_SYS_DYNAMIC_LINKER inside the case for linux (using AC_CACHE_VAL)
>    in a switch case.
>
> To fix the problem, I just removed these 2 irrelevent cases in the
> cygwin environment.

This one...I need more information -- for instance, your configure.in
file itself (and perhaps your generated configure).  I suspect there's a
bug in /that/, such as invoking macros in the wrong order -- which may
be breaking the (valid, for setups that obey the rules) assumptions made
by libtool.

--
Chuck