Re: Upgrade woes ("file in use")

--- On Sat, 3/14/09, Dave Korn <dave.korn.cygwin@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Nuzhna, you didn't mention what the two other apps are,
> but VPN software has been known to cause problems in the
> past.? What is the other stuff you have installed?

The only two apps on the machine are Bloomberg and Redi.

> Also, please grab a set of cygcheck output by running
> "cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out" and send it (the
> cygcheck.out file) - as an attachment, specifically,
> please, not inline in your body text - with your next
> post.

I have absolutely no shell access now, and I can not find
any cygcheck anywhere (setup must have uninstalled it
during past attempts to reinstall packages).

I have been fighting this for another two weeks with no
progress whatsoever. Does any documentation exist that
describes the least painful way to reinstall everything
(specifically including what I should back up)? I also
would place a high value on not having to download all of
the packages again.

I keep re-running setup over and over again, and it keeps
telling me about files in use (/etc/postinstall/bash.sh -
I can't even find a file with that name, as that directory
only contains files with a ".done" extension).

Also, can someone point me to any documentation regarding
the default/optimal permissions for cygwin files and
directories?

Nuzhna