Re: [1.7] <signal.h> does not compile with -ansi

On Mar 26 00:14, Yaakov S wrote:

> Dave Korn wrote:
> >   Should signal.h perhaps wrap the stuff tagged 'CX' and 'RTS' at
> > http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/basedefs/signal.h.html
> > in #ifndef __STICT_ANSI__ ?
>
> Actually, it looks like someone already thought about that, but never
> enabled it.  There is a commented-out #ifndef __STRICT_ANSI__ which
> excludes about half of sys/signal.h.  *UNTESTED* patch attached.

This has been changed back in December 2000 when the RTEMS specific
header files have been merged into newlib mainline headers.

Unfortunately the ChangeLog doesn't give any hint why STRICT_ANSI has
been disabled while doing that.  Many of Cygwin's headers are not
STRICT_ANSI compatible anyway, so we don't really care for this.

You should send this to the newlib ML and ask for a clarification.
I *assume* the STRICT_ANSI can be re-enabled nowadays.

Corinna

Red Hat