RE: Starting other Cygwin console from Cygwin console

Thomas Wiedmann wrote on March 07, 2009, at 7:12 AM
> how, i. e. by which command, can from an open Cygwin console
> a 2nd Cygwin console (or tab) be started in Windows XP?

cygstart /path/to/bash_shortcut.lnk
cygstart bash --login -i
cmd /c start 'c:\cygwin\cygwin.bat'

Between this question and your posting with the subject "Info
about OS by command in Cygwin", I'd suggest that you familiarize
yourself with the documentation on www.cygwin.com.

- Barry
  Disclaimer:  Statements made herein are not made on behalf of NIAID.