RE: How can I assign a hotkey to run a cygwin/bash script?

Spiro Trikaliotis wrote on Friday, March 06, 2009 2:59 PM:
> * On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 01:29:02PM -0500 Brian Mathis wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 12:58 PM, Spiro Trikaliotis
>> <XXXXXX@spiro.trikaliotis.net> wrote:
>
>>> Well, we can think about many things: However, this is not the way
>>> it works on Windows, obviously.
>>
>> Windows keeps a systemwide table of hotkeys, and when one is pressed
>> Windows runs whatever is in the table as the target.
>
> Ok. If you know for sure, I stand corrected. However, from the
> behaviour, this is not the way it seemed to work to me.
>
> Can you explain then why a shortcut I define in the quick start does
> not get applied? Yes, I defined it directly there, I did not move a
> file there.

New data:
- On XP, without administrator privileges.
- I copied a shortcut from the Start Menu to "C:\usr".
- I gave it a hotkey.
- It did not work.
- I deleted the copied shortcut.
- I gave the original shortcut the same hotkey.
- It worked.
- I got rid of the hot key in the Start Menu.
- I copied a shortcut from the Start Menu to
  "C:\Documents and Settings\My_User_Name".
- I gave it the same hotkey.
- It did not work.

So it seems as if Windows may not be paying attention setting of hotkeys
is reproducible at least under some circumstances.

- Barry