Re: How can I assign a hotkey to run a cygwin/bash script?

Hello,

* On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 12:07:37PM -0500 Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] wrote:

> I looked at the properties of shortcuts on my Desktop, in the Start Menu,
> and in a directory outside of "C:\Documents and Settings" (the equivalent
> of "c:\home\wrk").  In none was the option to set a hotkey grayed out.

They do not need to be grayed out: You can set these option.
Unfortunately, they do not have any effect. This is something different.

>                                                        I would think that
> Windows keeps a table of hotkeys and shortcuts (not targets) and it looks
> for the shortcut itself when you hit the hotkey so the shortcut's
> contents can be read.

Well, we can think about many things: However, this is not the way it
works on Windows, obviously.

> BTW, if assigning the hotkey after the shortcut is in "c:\home\wrk"
> really doesn't work, I suspect that the Start Menu may.

Yes, the start menu works. This was news for me, too. In quick start,
it does not work, though.

So, start menu and desktop work. Anything else? ;)

Best regards,
Spiro.

--
Spiro R. Trikaliotis                              http://opencbm.sf.net/