Re: Renaming issue, changing case only.

On Mar 3 20:05, David Rothenberger wrote:
On 3/3/2009 7:48 PM, David Rothenberger wrote:
On 3/3/2009 12:27 PM, Jason Pyeron wrote:
$ svn mv CustomerInventoryAction.java CustomerinventoryAction.java
svn: Path 'CustomerinventoryAction.java' is not a directory
[...]
But mv is okay.

$ touch XyzzY.txt
$ mv XyzzY.txt Xyzzy.txt
coreutils has some magic to make this work that is lacking in subversion or libapr1 or libaprutils1. Does this work with Cygwin 1.7?
Doesn't work with Cygwin 1.7, either.

The work-around is to do a commit between moves:
% svn mv file File.tmp
% svn commit -m ''
% svn mv File.tmp file
% svn commit -m ''

Cygwin 1.7 itself has no problems to rename a file just case-wise, neither under casesensitive mount points nor under caseinsensitive mount points. This looks like a problem in svn.

Or it's a problem with the operator. :-) Seems I wasn't actually running in Cygwin 1.7 when I thought I was. Plus, I was using a /cygdrive path with case-sensitivity turned off.

I will retry again today with a proper 1.7 environment. If this works with 1.7, I'm not going to try to patch svn for 1.5. Otherwise, I'll investigate further.

Default, n.:
        The hardware's, of course.