RE: console scroll speed on Win XP

> Andy
> Yep, the Windows console is slow alright, and I don't know of any way

Huh?
The windows console is fast, among the fastest
I have ever used, BUT you must have the video
 driver for your specific card.
If you just have the generic VGA driver, it is slow,
and other things are noticably too.

I haven't seen a faster graphical console, but text consoles are also fast.

Also being in bash seems slower.
I usually set PATH=c:\cygwin\bin;%PATH% but don't use bash interactively.
You might try that.
Being in cmd preserves the nice F8 command line completion against history feature
that I haven't found elsewhere.

 - Jay