Re: Help with cygheap base mismatch on Vista 32-bit

Dave Korn wrote:
Ari Halberstadt wrote:
Every program I've tried in my cygwin installation (1.5.25-15) gives
base mismatch errors on my Vista Home Premium 32-bit system. Cygwin was

BitDefender seems to break Cygwin. There's a detailed explanation of how AV and firewall apps can sometimes cause problems for Cygwin at

BitDefender was indeed breaking cygwin. Thanks to Dave's answer, I uninstalled BitDefender and am now running a trial version of Kaspersky, which seems to mostly work with cygwin, though it did hang once on a find command.