Re: Installation problem - "unix" root doesn't work

Hi Dave,

Your last mail gave a hint to me. The fact that bash.exe exists in one
place and doesn't exist in another place made me think about
cygwin1.dll
Actually, I looked for it on my disk and I found a tool which included
in it an old version of cygwin1.dll.
Apparently, the installation of this tool was somewhat buggy because
the DLL was registered (loaded) but declared in the registry under an
another name... Something strange.
So, I got to erase it, restart the install and all went well.

That's tricky because you could register cygwin1.dll manually, it
worked well. But when anybody wanted to use the registered DLL, it
used not the new one, but rather the old one.

I suppose it's due to a crash or so.

Thank you very much for your help and for your sharp eye.

Michel Wozniak