Re: SSH/SCREEN/REATTACH bug

On Feb 18 09:26, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> > sorry to inform you, using "Cygwin 1.7" yields the same result.
>
> OK, too bad.
>
> > Can't wait to see the recompile using pipes!
>
> I recompiled it yesterday in 1.7, and the configure script still found a
> "broken" fifo implementation, but in a gentler way than in 1.5 (without a nasty
> hang).  So I'll report this as a Cygwin bug and see if it can get fixed.

Andrew, can you give us a bit more detail than just this micro snippet
of information?

What about providing details about the failing test done in screen's
configure...

What about extracting the code from configure and test it standalone...

What about maybe using strace and/or GDB on it to find out a bit more...

What about providing the standalone test to us eventually with
instructions how to reproduce the problem and maybe some of the
information you got by using strace/GDB...

...instead of just leaving everything except of the bare information "it
doesn't work" to the Cygwin developers?  As much as we like to get rid
of bugs in Cygwin, we have a life beyond Cygwin, too.

Corinna

Red Hat