Re: Conjoining Setup & CygWine & Some Other Requirements. Was: Re: CygWine 1.0 Beta -- an new cygwin package manager

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Corinna Vinschen
<corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> ... but it would have been much more helpful to put the time into hacking up setup.exe, instead of creating another, competing installer.

I'll try to write a "common setup engine wrapper" to reuse current
setup.exe code, and try to split setup.exe to two component (command
line app and common engine library)

> Above all I don't see any code in cygwine which is Cygwin 1.7 aware.  We really don't need an installer which installs Cygwin 1.5.

Cygwine final edition will abandon 1.5 support, only support 1.7 after
official released.

> We have loads of suggestions for changes to Cygwin or setup.exe.

Where can I get the these suggestions ?

Brant