Re: 1.7.0 /cygdrive text/binary behavior

On Feb 12 14:34, Garber, Dave (GE Infra, Energy, Non-GE) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been testing out the 1.7.0-40 release and noticed an odd behavior
> with /cygdrive.  Without any modifications, when I try to run a script
> from /cygdrive/v, I get errors due to the trail '\r' characters.  This
> is expected since /cygdrive/v is a binary mount.  So, I add an entry
> into fstab to make /cygdrive/v be a text mount:
>
> V: /cygdrive/v netapp text 0 0

Ouch.  Don't do that.  This is not supported.  The mount options for
cygdrive drives is specified in the cygdrive mount point.  The default
settings if the cygdrive entry is not present in /etc/fstab is

  none /cygdrive cygdrive binary,posix=0 0 0

You can only change the options for all cygdrives at once by adding or
changing a cygdrive entry to /etc/fstab.  If you need to have different
setting, create distinct POSIX pathnames for the drive, like you did
here:

> V: /v netapp text 0 0

I will change the documentation so that this is described in a bit more
detail.

Corinna

Red Hat