1.7.0 /cygdrive text/binary behavior

Hi,

I've been testing out the 1.7.0-40 release and noticed an odd behavior
with /cygdrive.  Without any modifications, when I try to run a script
from /cygdrive/v, I get errors due to the trail '\r' characters.  This
is expected since /cygdrive/v is a binary mount.  So, I add an entry
into fstab to make /cygdrive/v be a text mount:

V: /cygdrive/v netapp text 0 0

The script still fails with the same errors due to '\r'.  So, I add
another fstab entry:

V: /v netapp text 0 0

Which is the same thing, but not under the special /cygdrive and running
the script from that works.  So I'm guessing that Cygwin assumes all
/cygdrive mounts to be binary regardless of what is specified in fstab.
That's fine, but mount (see below) shows both being text.  So Cygwin
should either 1) honor the mount type in fstab (my pick) or 2) show that
cygdrive is really being mounted as binary.

$ mount
C:/Apps/cygwin/bin on /usr/bin type ntfs (binary)
C:/Apps/cygwin/lib on /usr/lib type ntfs (binary)
C:/Apps/cygwin on / type ntfs (binary)
D:/Users on /users type ntfs (binary)
V: on /cygdrive/v type netapp (text)   < see here
V: on /v type netapp (text)            < and here
C: on /cygdrive/c type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount)
D: on /cygdrive/d type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount)
M: on /cygdrive/m type vfat (binary,posix=0,user,noumount)
Y: on /cygdrive/y type vfat (binary,posix=0,user,noumount)

Thanks,
Dave