Re: Tried mintty but it locks-up on enabling "Copy on select"

> 1) run setup.exe
> 2) download -- but don't install
> 3) run setup.exe -- install from local dir
> 4) in filemanager dbl-click mintty.exe
> 5) in the term rt-click->Options->mouse->enable copy-on-select
> 6) mintty becomes unresponsive
> 7) kill mintty.exe and the associated bash.exe
>
> I tried these steps today and was unable to reproduce.

Thanks for trying anyway!

> Q2) Have you got any clipboard utilities running?
> A2) Every application has access to the clipboard, right? So yes.

You can get various 3rd party utilities for adding stuff like a
clipboard history or Windows-wide copy-on-select.

> Q3) Does it work if you delete or rename ~/.minttyrc to go back to the default settings and copy something through the context menu?
> A3) Didn't find a .minttyrc, does mintty create one when it starts?

No, it only creates one when you press OK in the options dialog, but
of course you didn't get to that.

>    What does mintty put in there if it creates one?

Its settings, in the form of key-value pairs like 'CopyOnSelect=1'.
(I'd asked in case it was a particular combination of options that
triggered the crash.)

Andy